This is a perfect summer salad.
- 2 sweet potatoes, skinned and cubed
- 1-2 cups chopped strawberries
- 8 fresh, large basil leaves, sliced
- 3-4 cups fresh arugula
- Rhubarb salad dressing
- Steam the sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes or so
- Combine with arugula, basil and strawberries. Top with dressing
Here’s a picture before I added the salad dressing:
My husband has started making this every year when rhubarb hits the farmers’ market. And let me tell you, it is something special. I don’t know how he makes it or where the recipe comes from, but I know it includes cooked rhubarb and strawberries. It lasts for a couple weeks. I put it in an Asparagus and Greens Salad and later in an Arugula, Sweet Potato and Strawberry Salad. Yum.